Bristow & Sutor Debt Help And Advice

Who are Bristow & Sutor?

Bristow & Sutor Debt Help And Advice

Bristow & Sutor is an enforcement agency specialising in local authority debt recovery. The firm began trading in 1977 and is based in Worcestershire and operates across England and Wales. They are well known for collecting on half of the local authorities for:

  • unpaid council tax
  • Non-domestic rates or business rates
  • Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs), such as parking fines

If Bristow and Sutor enforcement agents have contacted you, you mustn’t ignore their communications, you must seek debt advice and act quickly.

If you qualify for debt help, one of our debt advisors will provide you with an income & expenditure statement which you can give to Bristow and Sutor. You can provide this statement to all the people you owe money to.

Bristow and Sutor are not typically allowed to force entry into a property to collect monies owed to local authorities such as council tax.

Typically, they will only force entry into a property on rare occasions and if they are collecting debts such as Income Tax, Stamp Duty, and unpaid criminal fines. Even in these scenarios, they will send a notice in advance before they visit.

Enforcement agents can only use reasonable force to enter a property, which generally means using the services of a locksmith.

If your debt relates to an unpaid council tax bill, then bailiffs at Bristow & Sutor cannot force entry. They also can not push past anyone who opens the door to them.

We recommend that you do not let enforcement agents into your property.

You can check to see if you qualify for debt help by speaking with a Personal Finance Manager by applying online.

We assess your circumstances based and will assess all available debt advice solutions. Please find below a list of debt solutions we will assess for:

If you have used our online application form, we will contact you to run through your income and outgoings and then discuss all your options so you can make an informed choice. At Debt Support Direct we offer all statutory debt solutions in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland so you can choose the debt solution tailored to you and your circumstances.

If you have an attachment of benefits and you have then chosen the debt solution that you feel is the most appropriate there will be some paperwork to fill in to put the debt solution programme in place.

Our debt advice is free, non-judgmental, and friendly so if you are struggling with debt, speak to one of our experienced debt experts for a confidential chat on 0161 549 9848.

Free and impartial money advice is available from the Money Helper, an organisation set up by the Goverment for people in debt.