How to clear debts in 2021
If you are struggling to maintain repayments to clear debts and cannot afford to pay your creditors each month, it is time to seek professional debt help and debt advice.
We advise seeking help from a professional debt help and advice experts that are regulated by the financial conduct authority to help you clear debt and will work to explain what solutions are available to you. Some companies offering help may know the basics of the plans and will gather the initial information, however, may not be qualified in debt advice and can pass on your information, details, and case to their preferred supplier.
Our experienced team at Debt Support Direct are regulated by the FCA and are debt experts who have helped thousands of clients across England, Scotland & Wales find the best debt solutions available
- List of all your unsecured debts and find accurate balances and account numbers.
- Using your recent bank statements, write down your monthly income including salary, any benefits, and other payments you receive.
- Go through your direct debits and note your essential expenses including payments such as mortgage or rent, Council Tax, utility bills, insurances, car payments or travel costs.
- Calculate how much you spend on food, clothing, regular hobbies and social spend. It is still important to note these costs
- There are Government guidelines we follow for any non-essential expenditure so we can change this for you if you have budgeted too little or too much. You will need to stick to the budget agreed for the duration of your plan, so be realistic about how much you need.
If you have used our online application form, we will contact you to run through your income and outgoings and then discuss all your options so you can make an informed choice. At Dent Support Direct we offer all statutory debt solutions in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland so you can choose the debt solution tailored to you and your circumstances.
Once you choose the debt solution that you feel is most appropriate there will be some paperwork to fill in to put the payment programme in place. After this is done, you will make one monthly payment for the duration of your plan to pay off your debt.
Our debt advice is free, non-judgemental, and friendly so if you are struggling with debt, speak to one of our experienced debt experts for a confidential chat on 0161 549 9848.
Take the first step to dealing with your debt today.
All debt solutions should be very carefully considered. Fees will be charged if a solution is taken in order for us to set up your plan and maintain it – all fees will be outlined during your consultation. For further information on fees, please see the FAQ section of the different solutions available. Retained payment may place you further into arrears. You have the right to a cooling off period of 14 days. It is likely that your ability to obtain further credit in the short term will be affected and this may also be the case over the medium to long term. Calls to our free phone number from mobile phones and other networks may be charged.
The Insolvency Service website has helpful information on https://www.gov.uk/options-for-paying-off-your-debts/overview to support those who find themselves in financial difficulty during the recession.
Debt Support Direct is regulated by The Financial Conduct Authority. This means we are able to offer debt advice and deliver both formal and informal solutions. All debt solutions need to be carefully considered and you must take independent debt advice.
There are sources of free debt advice and services. You can find out more by contacting the Money Advice Service on 0800 138 7777 or by visiting their website.